· Fly north across the Arctic Circle to the ancient Inupiat Eskimo village of Utqiaġvik.
· Discover firsthand the lifestyles of Alaska's Arctic Coastal peoples with a tour of the village.
· Walk the shores of the Arctic Ocean near the northernmost point on the North American Continent. Bravely dip your toe in the frigid waters of the Arctic Ocean.
· Depart Utqiaġvik on mid-afternoon flight to Fairbanks
· 8:00 am Depart Fairbanks by air.
· 9:15 am Arrive Coldfoot. Restroom Break, pickup lunch (purchase on own) from Coldfoot Camp Trucker's Cafe.
· 10:15 am Depart Coldfoot.
· 12:15 pm Arrive Utqiaġvik. Village Sightseeing Tour.
· 2:00 pm Depart Utqiaġvik for Fairbanks.
· 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm. Arrive Fairbanks.
· Flight times are subject to change.
· Gathering at 3820 University Ave S, Fairbanks, AK 99709 (please arrive at the venue before 30 mins in advance)
Tour Code: AST-TKT-UKENE
Tour Rate： US$989/person
Tour Schedule: May 27 - August 14,2019 Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday
WEATHER ALTERATIONS AND THE UTQIAGVIK EXPEDITION
Weather in Alaska's Arctic can and does affect flying conditions. Weather may require alteration of a portion or all of the scheduled tour itinerary.
Due to the variable conditions on the Arctic Coast, the Utqiaġvik Expedition includes a built-in weather alternate. If current or forecast weather conditions do not allow us to land at Utqiaġvik we visit another village, Anaktuvuk Pass. If weather does not allow us to land at Utqiaġvik or Anaktuvuk Pass, we visit the communities of Coldfoot & Wiseman. The price differentiation follows:
Anaktuvuk Pass --- Refund $390 / person
Coldfoot/Wiseman --- Refund $420/ person
It is very important that guests understand these alternatives and are aware that these are built-in to the experience. If the above mentioned alternative scenario is not consistent with what one is looking for in a tour experience, the Utqiaġvik Expedition is NOT the appropriate choice.
Should weather require an overnight stay, guest is responsible for cost of accommodations.
· Departures 4 person minimum.
· Please provide the guest's telephone number at least 10 days before departure.
· Due to Alaska's popularity and the nature of our high quality, small group excursions, it is very important to contact us early in the itinerary planning process.
· Gratuities for local tour director and driver are not included in the tour quote. Recommended amount: $25 / person per day.
Due to restrictions of commercial air travel final payments are refundable as follows: Tour is not instantly confirmed, please be sure to confirmed by email.
· Cancellations received outside of 25 days prior to the tour date are fully refundable.
· Cancellations received within 25 days but prior to the tour date are completely non-refundable.